Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Trash Removal Taken to a New Level

Removal is $100, but this is a great system!

And we have lift-off!

The cleanup continues around here. The balmy December weather has allowed me to shop vac my car in the driveway and even wax and detail it a little.

Last year on this date I mulched the lawn one last time and the husband golfed. It is not the first, nor will it be the last warm December in Michigan.

Today it is 58 degrees, 99% chance of rain and 97% humidity at 3:00 PM, so no golf or mowing! Instead the husband did lunch with the guys and I finished my last minute Christmas shopping.

(Tonight is our gift opening--connecting through Google Hangout to three states.)

So anyway, yesterday the great green BAGSTER was finally removed from the driveway, along with all the remaining piano parts from the Great Piano Sledgehammer-Fest.

I had never seen this process before. I tossed on a few more pieces after I asked the trash man if it would be too much. He told me to throw it on--and unless I had a car in there or something, it would not be too heavy.

I took about 10 photos. I thought the husband might enjoy them. He worked on such trucks when he was a young strapping youth. This trash man only pushed buttons on a device hung around his neck, maneuvering the crane arm thing into position remotely--no heavy lifting required!

Some of the boards pictured below were scavenged while the bag sat there for weeks on end, and then we added more new deck leftovers--and then those piano parts. So glad it is finally up, up and away!

Some of these boards were removed via Craig's List.

No comments:

Post a Comment