![]() |
| Last view, last day--lots of chips! |
The yard waste facility (affectionately known as THE DUMP) is now closed for the year and there will be no more street pickup until April.
AAAHHH. I can stop cleaning up in my tree-filled yard.
Snow flakes will be flying by week's end, according to the weatherman. And really, this El Nino December weather is ridiculous. Golf and Gardening should end in December in West Michigan! Yesterday it was in the low 60's all through West Michigan--with a high of 63 near the Big Lake.
All the big old yews that were removed for the new deck installation are now also happily in compost-land. With the help of O. and her big vehicle we finished that pile Friday. Saturday I took my last load of leaves, shortly before the facility closed for the season. I cruised right in because Security was in that portable john shown above!
But--I am ready for spring with over a dozen city bags at $2.50 each that others left at the dump. They are folded in a pile and will save me a trip or two in April, when garden cleanup starts again.
After that major effort (the yew pile) the reward had to be greater than a burger, so O. and I tried out a new Smokehouse in town and enjoyed some brisket and pork butt! And bacon brussel sprouts that were very burpy for some reason. Kansas and Texas and fry-style sauces added to these flavorful meats. They have local brews on tap here, too, but we will have to try them another day!



Something to look forward to ...next year's dump runs!!
ReplyDeleteHave a restful winter break!
I will miss the reward treats I allow myself!
Delete