Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Clean Roof for Santa!

The only Santa in the house--a wine bottle cover from a Book Club white elephant gift exchange.

I may not have made Christmas cookies by the time Santa is expected, but Up on the Housetop he will find a roof blown clean. The reindeer should be able to make a clear landing on the flat roof above the sun room. I will Let it Shine for Santa through the freshly cleaned skylights.

I don't usually delay this long--and sometimes by now It is Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas--but this year my procrastinations have once again put me in a good place: now every single leaf  has dropped and my Clean Sweep should last the winter.

So yes, yesterday afternoon, once again the husband held Jacob's Ladder as I ascended, and then handed me the blower and threw up a rag and and an extra bag (baaa--three bags full). He was ready to rise to throw open the slider at the first sound of clatter--to hear if I had fallen off the roof!

The new shingles and my new Nike sandals secured my Safe Passage, even though it started to rain while I was up there and things got a little slippery on the rubbery flat roof.

The wet leaves made such a mess Blowin' in the Wind that I had to blow and then hose things off when I came down from the roof above to the earth below. Since I have also neglected to take my hoses in, they were at the ready. I sprayed down the whole big deck and also the front porch and the freshly whitewashed garage door.

I hope Santa appreciates my efforts for a clean roof and house and doesn't Passover our house. But if he does, Great is the Faithfulness of Amazon Prime, and packages are flying through the air even as we speak.

2 comments: