Saturday, April 18, 2015

A "Bloggable" Dinner at a Yoga "Palace" in NYC



It has now been 2 weeks since I attended the Dinner Lab event--and this is my final NYC post. It was my 40th-something anniversary and this is not a menu I would have chosen for an evening out with the husband, who spent the evening alone, back home in Michigan.

M. had somehow managed to obtain free tickets through a co-worker to a D/L (Dinner Lab) event held in a Yoga studio on the upper west side. So instead of eating a steak dinner with the husband for our anniversary, I ate vegetarian food on paper plates!

The dinner was billed to me as a very "bloggable" event and so I attempted--in the evening light of a yoga studio hallway--to take some decent photos of the very interesting (if not delicious) food.




One of the guests mentioned that this was not a yoga studio--it was a palace of yoga. It was huge and well-appointed, with fabulous bathrooms. We had to take our shoes off upon entering.


The chef for the evening tailored the 5-course menu to a clean and pure vegetarian fare that might suit the palate profile of a NYC yoga devotee. I heard one attendee threaten to go our for a steak or hamburger after the dinner ... but I ate all the food, enjoyed some of it, and was sated.



Kale, of course!

Fiddlehead ferns!

The texture of the tofu in this dish was a little weird, but while others were questioning the "worms" I was excited to try the baby fiddlehead ferns! One more new food to add to the list!


Cauliflower fungus!
Turnips, tempeh and tamarind
Pomegranate and pear

And here is the menu detail:



Oh--and lots of kombucha cocktails!!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget that we not only had kombucha cocktails but also water kefir-based cocktails. It was a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, but I have no recollection/knowledge of a kefir cocktail!!

      Delete