Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Super 88

I haven't been doing or thinking about anything very interesting of late...and so all I have to write about is the weather!

September is here, but summer is coming to a sweltering close this year. Today the weather outside is not fit for man or beast, let alone a very temperature-sensitive retiree like me. (About 72 degrees suits me.)

Earlier this week we checked the weather on a local channel and it was a string of 88's.

Right now it is 88, maybe going to 89, with a "feels like" index of 94 and 57% humidity.

I just returned with groceries. $160! So I can stay inside and not starve. No al fresco dining this week!

I used grocery discount coupons (.60 and .10) on gas and paid $1.829. So groceries seemed really expensive (ground beef on sale for 4.99/lb) and gas under $2.00 a gallon felt really cheap.

The amended forecast now looks like this:

89 84 86 88 88 88 80 77

Tomorrow at 10 when I am supposed to volunteer at the church gardens it is predicted to be 74 degrees and 88% humidity!

Life has its ups and downs. What goes up, must come down.

Likewise temperatures.

Likewise global climate change?

Likewise the numbers on my optical prescription...but I can see clearly now! I have new glasses, sunglasses and contacts. Turns out the optometrist made a mistake some weeks back (he was getting married that weekend!) and got it all wrong--apparently wrote down the wrong number! A three-week wait on the new glasses with transition, HD, special coatings etc. and then I couldn't see with them!

A friend has been on the couch all week--staring forward only, with a gas bubble in her surgically repaired eye...

Whatever I complain about (especially the weather)--my mostly air-conditioned life is mostly okay! 

Whatever will be will be.

In case you hadn't noticed, singing is on my mind!

Choir with Pastor Nick (Nick At Night) starts tonight. Now that could be interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment